Sunday, November 7, 2010

Girls weekend in RB, can we really be 50!?

Here we are celebrating our 50th year of life here in Rehoboth beach. Already we have many memories to cherish and hold. Alas, I must right them down, or I'll forget them! :)

I think just time together to relax and chat and not have a plan is what is really great!

Last night we (Betina, Sandy, Roseanne, Laura, Pat and I) drove 2 hours south to see Tracy and Keith in Chincoteague, VA. They have a lovely mini home there. We had a fantastic spaghetti dinner, salad, zucchini and garlic bread and the best apple crisp I've had in a long time.

I want to get in the apple crisp recipe that Tracy made. It was yummo from the apple tree in her back yard (BETHANY KESTNER).

TKO Apple Crisp

10 cups apples
1 cup sugar
2 TBS flour
1 TBS cinnamon
1/2 cup H2O

1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter

cut apples up in to chunks. mix with first list of ingredients (sugar, flour, cinnamon and H2O) spread in 9 x 13 pan

combine next list of ingredients till coarse. press on top of apples.

bake in oven 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

There will be photos to follow once I find a USB to mini cable....which I think is in Silver Spring.

1 comment:

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland