Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random thoughts in no particular order




  • My sister is 63 today, she wears it quite well. We went to dinner tonight at Dutches Daughter in Frederick. A lovely meal, even with ice between her 2 daughters. I do hope this passes and they both come to realize life is more important than she said, he said.





  • My mother-in-law is deathly ill in Shady Grove ICU. This has been an exhausting 4 days and I fear many more to come. I feel so helpless and yet want to make everything right for my husband to shield him from this pain and make this time pass. Death is an inevitable end for all of us, yet so difficult for those left behind to mourn and adjust to life without the person just gone.





  • Work is difficult at best. I seem to make it all work, at times I fear I am not doing a good job. I have been distracted this week, and do not like it when it carries over to my work.





  • Our kittens are the best. Sylvester is funny, lovable and fun to have around. Smokey is her own self, beautiful and gives us love when she is in the mood!





  • I am blessed my Mom is in such good health for 87. May I be just like her at 87!





  • I've read a great book: Cutting for Stone. If you (whoever my reader is) have not read it I highly recommend it.





  • I am slowly getting somewhere with my office, very s l o w. But making progress. This week I am mailing cook books out west to the nieces and nephews and giving dog books to Karen. I can actually see floor in the office, and know where things are. Maybe by Christmas I will actually be able to use the table to "do" my Christmas cards. We all know how much I love to do those!





  • I hope to get some more hand work projects done. But I've been on a reading kick and that takes time too!





  • I wish I had my cell phone here. Sylvester has just coiled himself up in a bin and gone to sleep. I shall have to remember this one forever! He looks like ET in all my stuff on the desk! Maybe I can sneak away and get my phone. But he follows me like a shadow (I love that)













      1 comment:

      1. Thank you again for the cook books. I showed that questionnaire that Mike filled out to Andrew and it made his day. He said it was a treasure and he'll be keeping that one. :) Thank you.

        I'm so sorry to hear about Tim's mom. I'm glad he has you to carry him through this hardship. You are a good woman. Give him our love, and the best to his mom as well.

        ReplyDelete

      About Me

      very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland