Sunday, September 13, 2009

Personal Loss: Thomas J. Sanzaro

So, just like that I have a blog.
Seems easy enough, now will I actually post anything that anyone is interested in?
Not sure!
Today was a very difficult day. I spent most of the afternoon with the family of a wonderful surgeon I have worked with for 20 years. He died suddenly and with no apparent cause on Sept 10, 2009. He was 58. I am numb, stunned and having a hard time wrapping my head around it.
His wife of 32 years feels like I do only to infinity and beyond. I only knew the professional side of this gentleman of a man. He is linked to my family in so many ways, and I a just a bit of sand in his complicated wonderful life. Mom is is back up office girl, Mrs. Kestner. My sister Kate has also worked with him for 10 years.....I'll find my thoughts on him on Tim's computer and put them in here too.

3 comments:

  1. girlattorney said...
    Heidi, You don't know me at all--I was thinking about Tom Sanzaro the other day and googled him. I found your blog and I was shocked to hear he has left us. I moved to the DC area in 1989 and immediately developed a a breast issue. Thank goodness I was referred to Dr. Sanzaro....he took such good care of me and until I left the area in 1999, he was my go-to guy--skin care, a little plastic surgery, etc. He was the best..the nicest, the most professional. What a loss it is for his friends, family, patients and all who ever contacted him...sorry to put this in the midst of your blog, but I had to express it to someone. marshah159@aol.com

    March 16, 2010 11:25 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,

    I'm not sure if you are the nice lady who worked with me when I went to see Dr. Sanzaro in August of 2006. He was by far the niciest man. I am a nurse and was so impressed by his caring touch and concerned manner. I was shocked to hear he had passed. I know it was a while ago but I just heard and please know my loving thoughts go out to you and his family.

    M.Kline, Gaithersburg, MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to make an appointment with Dr. Sanzaro for a little touch-up on the reconstructed nipple that he created for me several years ago. When I called and found that his number had been disconnected, I searched the web and found out about his (very) untimely death. I don't know if you still look at these comments, but please pass along my remarks to his family that he was an exceptional doctor -- I saw him many times -- not only was he incredibly skilled, but he had the asset that many MDs lack: compassion, humor, great bedside manner, and an obvious love for his family and life. A great loss for his patients and the medical community. I am so very sad to hear about his death. Ellen McMackin

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland