Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's always good at Sunshine!



At the corner of New Hampshire and Georgia Avenue is a small no nothing little store: Sunshine General Store. Unless you knew to come in and try their menu you'd not even stop. But this is a place my husband brought me when we were "courting" and he won me over. Inside it's not much either. Crooked isles, poorly stocked shelves, not full fridges. In the back of this little no nothing store is a counter that often you have to wait for a one of the four seats, where these 4 gentleman would not even think of giving up their seat for me, where you will get the best breakfast sandwich, french toast or pancakes this side of heaven. The burgers will be another story!
When we walked in this morning the place was packed, not a seat to be had, but by the time I snapped a few photos outside (see above) the "rush" had thinned out and we had a seat at the table.


Tim got the sausage, egg and cheese sandwich.....yummo. Fresh hand patted sausage, and farm fresh eggs.



My bacon, egg and cheese was the bomb, and Tim managed to share 2 triangles of his yummy french toast with a "side" of bacon! All in all amazing! We love to take a drive up to this little store, it is about 15 miles north through beautiful rolling hills.
Since we were in the neck of the woods where his Mom grew up Tim also drove me to the little creek where she wants her ashes scattered. I feel better about that now too. Beautiful up county area where Kathie rode her horse and played with cousins. A peaceful, calm, beautiful place to be.
One the way home Tim drove me past his new office building in downtown Gaithersburg. I like being able to visualize where he will be working. Nice old town Gaithersburg, right across from a post office! I'd be in heaven.
Now on to football......for Tim. Me, I think I'll putter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland