Sunday, November 6, 2011

A funny thing happened

In high school it was a thrill to talk on the phone for hours to a girlfriend or developing relationship. Then college came and nights in dorm rooms spent studying, and talking replaced the phone. Letters from home and an occasional well timed call from home were the treat. Some where along the line in came the computer and your all important E-MAIL ADDRESS enters the picture. At the same time a cell phone which let me call anyone anytime (if I had the minutes) and a phone call, once again, became routine. Then it was a treat to get an e-mail from my friends and family. I'd open my e-mail with great anticipation of a quick note from someone keeping up or saying hello. Then came texting and no need to talk or be in person or even send more than a one liner. Then the photo on the phone, why text when you can send a picture, it is worth 1000 words isn't it?
So, now I sit in isolation from everyone and everything. No one calls, no one sends letters, rarely I get a text, and never do I have a personal e-mail. Except for my dear sweet Mom, she does all of the above. I sure do love her. Thanks Mom for calling, mailing, e-mailing and even reading my blog. I sure do love you.

1 comment:

  1. Ironic that no one posted a comment on this. How did I miss this one?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland