Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stained glass project


sketch of how we want the lamp to look


just a beginning of the black eyed susans


So here you have our lamp in progress.




Mom has been wanting to use up some of her stained glass she has had from prior projects. Being the good depression girl she is. So, Mom wanted to make a Tiffany lamp, and did not want to drive to the classes in the dark from 7-9pm in Kensington. The classes started in December are every 4 weeks for 6 lessons. That takes us to June for our "showing". SO. Guess who said yes she would take her and "help" with the project. Above you see the coloring for our pattern. We are in the mode of black-eyed susans (me being the only Marylander in the group, other than Todd!) They are supposed to be poinsettia's but we did not want that much red in a lamp. So we are going with the yellow and blue theme, which is always a good thing.
So here are 2 photos, we are actually further along with the project than this. One panel down, only 3 more to make. I'll get another photo of this panel this weekend when I do my squares.......I am good at cutting straight lines! Mom is in charge of the flowers. And she is doing an amazing job!

I'd say there are about 12 of us in the class, Mom and I count as one. A bit unusual, but the owner of the shop is cool with Mom needing toting help and help driving in the dark. We are all at very different stages. But this 4 weeks will separate out those that will finish and those that will not. This is labor intensive, and fun, but a lot of work.

So stay tuned for more panels and to see how they start to look on the dome we solder on! Quite complicated, but fun and I am learning a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Neat!! Sounds like a lot of fun. It looks like it will be beautiful. I love black eyed susans. I have some in my garden and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are the state flower for Maryland! I love them too!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland