Tuesday, December 15, 2009

10 days till Christmas and I did what?


This ia a stained glass window Mom made for me over 10 years ago, she is now inspired to make herself a tiffany lamp!

So, tonight Mom and I ventured to the land of Kensington's mini warehouse district and Mom signed up for a Tiffany lamp class. It is from 7-9 pm and she does not like to drive at night, in fact the last time she did she was in tears. SO. I drove her tonight. I will be the facilitator for her lamp project. I am a bit excited, just not so sure how much help I'll be, other than encouragement and the ability to help her with glass selecton and to cut the easy little square bits along the top and bottom. We chose a poinsettia pattern with a grid at the top and bottom. We will make the flowers pink and whitish, with blue and green back rounds (to keep me happy!)

My tree is not up, my cards are out. My presents are mostly wrapped thanks to the lovely weekend Mom and I had at the beach. We shopped till we dropped, watched "you've got mail". I cannot imagine Mom had never seen that cute movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. Very cute Little romance movie. Almost as cute as how I met my Tim. Maybe one day I'll write the screen play and we'll all live happily ever after on the royalties......not, but it is always fun to dream! Drew Carry could play Tim and me..........Queen Latifa! ha ha ha.

Anyway all is well here in the un-chirstmas tree house. We'll get er up soon! I am sure. I am done with call for the week, I've done my promised class with Mom, now all I have to do is work about 30 more hours, mail a bizillion packages, decorate a tree, wrap more packages, bake 2 yummo pumpkin treats for Christmas dinner at Mary's, help Mom with her Christmas eve dinner.........have I forgotten anything? I am sure I have.

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Sheesh! That's a bit of a list! (I can actually picture Drew Carey and Queen Latifa together!) All of your adventures and chores sound like fun - so enjoy them. And get that tree up before it's too late!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-makes me feel so much better about my short list. I am just enjoying the baking portion of the holidays. I love all the smells. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya as far as huge lists go. Although I do have my Christmas tree up but thats about it. Sounds fun to do a class with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Today is snow snow snow.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland