Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jesus is leaving Maryland

My sister, Holly, arrived 10 years ago with a new husband! A surpries to all of us, as they had eloped! That was not the deal we had had when she said she would move out here from California and we would live together. I bought the house I am in with Holly in mind so she would be happy living here. Well, she kept up her end of the deal, she did move out here, but with a 36 year old Mexican husband in tow, who was quite nice, but spoke very little English. They moved in to the basement bedroom and I began to adjust to my sister at 49 and her husband 36, going on 16. He grew on me. They were here 5 years, I met a man who would become my husband. They moved out and I have adjusted to my own wonderful husband of 5 years. Holly and Jesus divorced after 10 years of marriage. Their marriage had it's ups and downs, as I think a lot of marriages do that don't work daily on making the relationship work. My manicurist at my bridal weekend in Rehoboth gave me sage piece of advice on marriage: don't let both of you fall out of love at the same time. When she told me this I thought it was odd advice to give to a bride. Little did I know what sage and experienced advice it was! I think that is what happened with Holly and Jesus.

I drove Holly out west last October. She made a new life in Chelan in a canyon out of town with Gloria and David as neighbors. She is helping to raise her grandson Will.

Jesus stayed in Maryland long after they separated and divorced. Now his family in Mexico needs him. His father is 94 and still farming. His mother misses him daily. His parents have raised 9 children and Jesus is the furthest from home. Two still live on the family farm land.

Jesus leaves for Mexico on Saturday. May he travel safely to his destinations and his brothers help keep him safe in Mexico. I will miss him. He is a good man. I hope he finds love and happiness in his home land.

Farewell Pinnynola

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so sad! I hope his life is fulfilling there. Grandma said he's been good to her, and that's all I need to know. :) Loves to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fond memories of Jesus and Holly. I am glad she is happy where she is at this point in her life and I love love when she calls me out of the blue. I to hope Jesus has safe journies. He'll be home for Chritmas.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland