Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday already!

We have had a busy and long week here.

Yesterday most of the day it snowed. Tim and I stayed home, he has a cold/allergy and did not have it in him to drive to Delaware. Not a problem with me! I thought we'd stay home and I'd get the tree up. It is 1230 on Sunday and no tree up. But sitting here typing I have encouragement from my lack of doing.

I made my infamous waffles this morning for breakfast. Jesus wound up staying here last night as the roads were not in any shape to start a 2300 mile road trip to Phoenix and on to Los Moches, Mexico. So both Tim and Jesus were like little kids when I asked if they wanted waffles. Of course I obliged! I watched my Sunday morning show and now see all the snow melting....I'll open the curtains and get the tree up and start decorating.

We have our first ever artificial tress with lights pre strung. I convinced Tim it would be easier for him and cut down on the crisp tree and needles issue we have in January. I'll let you know what I think of the whole thing soon.

Otherwise all is the same here on Conover Drive. No cat, no dog, one wonderful husband, one very cluttered office, one clean house, one clothes closet that is in desperate need of cleaning, One cherry desk I need to sell on Craig's list.

But the Christmas cards are mailed. Yea! And I've made a list of what I still need to buy. Now to that tree and to start wrapping some of the gifts I need to mail.

4 comments:

  1. You have a better head start on the holidays then I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got your Christmas card the other day...I meant to tell you! Very nice job. It made me want to do cards, too. And then I went looking for some, and finding nothing, I was over it. :)

    Enjoy your day! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I got my card too! The kids all loved it. The little bell that rings on Santa is so cute...
    Not sure if I am doing cards this year. I have canceled my annual Christmas party so, maybe I will find time to put something together for family members only. My tree's are up. Not as much decorating done this year. In fact it is pathetic. Oh well.Next year I will be done with school. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, I have to say that I was very disappointed when I received your card. . .I wanted to beat you this year! In all honesty, I was done with my part, waiting on last minute addresses and Darin to write our newsletter (he requested to write it this year) the week after Thanksgiving. But y'know. I ended up revising and completing the rest of the newsletter anyhow, so. . .

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland