Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bulldozers on the street!

Tonight we have more bulldozers and 2 huge dump trucks on the street in an attempt to maneuver the snow around so the children can safely be bussed to school. I have no idea where they are taking this snow....maybe the Potomac river, but it is not close, or a field, or NOT a parking lot, that is a whole other problem. DC is crippled from this 60 inches of snow.

The news tonight had someone doing my commute home up Connecticut Avenue on six o'clock news. I knew it had been bad this week, but I had no idea it was so newsworthy. It has been brutally awful. Lanes disappear in a blink. A tight 3 lane road becomes 2 and the bottleneck behind the loss of a lane is enough to make me.........call someone on the cell phone and get me to a zen place! See I was not exaggerating.

Come on spring. I know I planted daffodils and red tulips (for my Dad). I just know they will come up.

I think that silly Ground Hog said 6 more weeks of winter. That would take us to the Spring Equinox, where the day and night are equal. I'll take it!

Happy Spring next month everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You guys deserve a break! I hope you get a heat wave to kill all the snow and leave you in peace!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland