Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Yankee Clipper

Heading right this way from Texas a swath of rain that when meeting our "Yankee clipper of a cold air mass heading south" will combine to dump yet another 18-24 inches of snow on us. We are breaking all kinds of snow records in this year. We have had more snow ALREADY then the last 5 years put together! The city is over budget for snow removal and we locals are tired of the word snow. If I were rich I'd be on a plane for Marsh Harbor in the Bahamas tonight. But work is a pesky necessity to pay the bills.

I went to the grocery today which was sheer panda-monium (a little pun there as our panda bear left our fair city today, not that I ever got to the zoo to see him, but he made the news a lot and I'll try better if we get a new baby panda this year...the little stick of butter as they start out. They are already on a baby watch at the zoo. He and his Atlanta cousin are bound for China as I type)

The lines in Safeway were down each isle 3/4 of the way. Note to self, wait till it STARTS snowing to go to grocery. My last adventure to the grocery in the snow last Saturday was a sheer delight. No one there, compared to today. The weather man on my favorite channel WUSA9 has a "bread 0 meter" to gage the storms intensity and bother for the city. 0-10 The last 3 storms this winter were about 3-5. This weekend we have hit the top of a whopping 10. Get the bread and milk Lucy, we are in for a biggie. Of course all the schools and every weekend activty are closed, BUT THE HOSPITAL STILL RUNS AND THE PATIENTS ALL GET IN FOR THEIR ELECTIVE SURGERY! Next time I'm going to be a teacher. Pat is at home quilting with my cutie patuttie 1935 singer sewing machine while I save lives all day.

Tim has strep throat. He is better already. I had him to the ENT on Wednesday. Antibiotics are wonderful drugs.

My cough is all but gone, and I'm 98%.

At least we have the superbowl to look forward to on Sunday....now who do I want to win? I think I am on the fence. Like Peyton Manning, but the Saints deserve a win.

I sold my cherry desk tonight on Craig's list. Hello $80.00 and more space. Yea, I'm going to miss it just a bit, but the cute family that came to get it is thrilled.
And I have less clutter. Now Bethany and Andy have a less cluttered guest room for their much anticipated visit that is going to go WAY too fast.

Bye bye desk



Now to sell more stuff out of Mom's basement.

2 comments:

  1. Grinning about it, even as I type. :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are all tired of that snow. However, we are not. We would like to see some. I think there is some anticipated for this weekend.
    We too are looking forward to a great Super Bowl weekend. Lots of food, fun, & family. Yeah.
    We are all on the mend as well. I love Nyquil!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland