Monday, February 22, 2010

Kate and Haiti, not to be confused with Kate and Heidi! :)

Yes, my sister is going tomorrow for her 4th visit. She arrived back on Sunday January 10, 2010, the earth quake was Tuesday January 12, 2010. Her little 70 bed hospital has now swollen to a 300 bed hospital in Merlot...100 miles north of Port o Prince. I'll see if I can get her to blog on here all her stuff. She LOVES to go. Comes back grinning from ear to ear and leaves absolutely everything she takes down. Thus the reason I go through the house and send little trinkets for her to take, as she is running out of them. She goes so often. She goes with her favorite plastic surgeon and they are saving the little part of the world one case at a time. She photographs the patients and actually gets to see them in follow up on her next visit.

This time all bets are off, her comfort zone will be gone and she will enter a true MASH unit of a mobile 300 bed hospital set up 100 miles from the major earth quake devastation. The patients are not leaving as there are no roads to take them back to the houses that are no there. So the little town is taking people in. So we'll see how it goes. An anesthesiologist from Sibley just got back and says it is life changing for sure. I'll tell his story tomorrow.


Keep her in your prayers to be safe and help all that she can. She is my sister.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing. I am so happy for her and all the people who's lives she is touching.

    She will surely be in our prayers.

    Thanks for filling us in, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing way to help those in need. I am so grateful that you shared with us, otherwise we would have no idea. I am proud she is my Aunt!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland