Sunday, June 27, 2010

Confessions of a clutterholic-take One

So, today I found the floor to the closet, took down a 2008 Mary Engelbreit calender and found a bag of work goodies and papers that needed to be filed from......wait for it.......November 2006! I found more cards, it is official, I have a problem with cards, but I am working on that issue, old catalogs with Christmas ideas for a Christmas long ago. But in that bag I also found a few things I knew were missing and I just could not locate! I knew they were in that "special" place, I had not ever imagined they were all together! Imagine my joy just a few short hours ago to find:

My sensa Pen from Monty, a yellow stickie pad we 4 women have to remember Mike and one of my favorite lip stick colors! (I had 2 and could only put my hands on one.)



VIOLA, 3 less things to wonder about.

AND today I found a new home for my Murphy 6.0 Briggs and stratton lawnmower which I have not used in more than 10 years. Jesus used to help with that chore, and that did not last long. A quick pocket of cash! So, one more thing out of the shed that we do not use. Yes, even on a financial diet we have the lawn mowed. Much cheaper than a trip to the ER with chest pains (Tim or Heidi) or an asthma attack from the grass and dust (Heidi)

Now to get the gas trimmer and weed whacker started and on to a new home too. Gotta love that Craigslist! I've also listed some books for Tim from last semester, I hope I get a bite soon on those too!

Tim and I cleared the "raised garden" beds he has been working on for 2 years, that may just happen this summer too. After half an hour in the 100 degrees, we were done!

Amazing what one can do at home, on call, and I even went in to work too!

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love the sticky pad. What a simple treasure. We used to use craigs list in washington, but here in Utah everyone uses a news channels website. They do free classifieds and it's much simpler and there's pictures! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You pay to have the lawn mowed? My Ben is desparetly looking for lawn care jobs here. So, Ben is interested in your trimmer & edger. Just not sure how we would ship it to ID?? Hmmm
    anyway, send me a link via email so we can see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad, I love it when I have days like that. They feel so wonderful to get so many things checked off your list.!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland