Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My week of Saturdays AKA a week of home vacation

My week of Saturdays is already half way done and I've gotten so much done! Yea! Nothing like company coming for 10 days with 4 little ones to make you take a very different look at your home!

This week when doing my projects I usually have the help of this little fellow who is officially Sylvester but also known as: Busy, Cry baby, NO, Hey you, Love muffin and the cutest kitten in the world! He helps me type, sort, eat, and anything else he can think of to help! His favorite is to decide it is time to nap and try to nap ON me!


Then there is Miss Shy kitten who is officially Shadow, which is a good name for her, she likes to lurk in the shadows, but she is also a love when SHE wants to be and I also call her Sophie, love kitten, Belle and Sweetness. Mom thinks she does not exist, but she does, and hangs out with us quite often.


Tim is the King of list making and we are doing very well with all our goals for the week. We spent Monday at the beach doing outside yard work getting ready for Spring. The cherries are already in bloom out there and so pretty. Here we have tackled the TV room/addition which currently does not have a TV! We have been TVless for over 3 months......which would have usually prompted an immediate purchase of a new flat screen TV, but we are on hold till Tim gets a job and we have more money for such luxuries. We have 2 other tiny TV's and they work just fine. So in time, it will fill a big spot, just not yet!


In the mean time we've made a lovely place for it! SEE (below)! The empty table (which will also one day be a console) is where it will go and today we hung the pictures and put the basket shelf up and moved the plants. We hung the stained glass too!

AND we finally hung the platters we bought in 2004 on our honeymoon. LOVE to have company!


So, bring on May and Mindy and her klan! We will be ready! Now to figure out where to put the 2 futons for the 4 children to sleep on so they won't freak out by not being on the same level as their parents.........but that involves my office/clutter space. BUT I am working on that too! :)

Love a week of Saturdays.

5 comments:

  1. You know what is kinda cool is that you can do all this prep-for-company work this early. If I tried to do that the place would be trashed about ten seconds later. Kids - gotta love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hope they would leave things on the wall! But it is nice this will stay this way till they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heidi...I am glad we can be inspiration but really don't worry about us...we fit in pretty much anywhere. Also the kids could sleep on the floor or on a different level too...they are pretty easy going. I do believe your things on the wall are safe!! Thanks for preping for us...we are SO EXCITED!!! Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now your little kittis probably won't be impressed at all when my quad arrives...they love animals but kitties don't usually care for kid loves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SURE everything will be just fine! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland