Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011




My sister hit it out of the park this year for Easter. Kate has become quite the hostess with the mostest. She had the 6 of our shrinking little family over on Easter Sunday for brunch at 1pm. (Mom, Kate, Garry, Karen, Tim and I)

Her table was adorned with a mirror with crocus she had started 2 weeks prior to the event and ringed with all her eggs, both new and old. Each place had a mini bouquet spring flowers from her yard. She has Aunt Frannie's Iris dishes that make the table very special to Mom and perfect for an Easter event.







Tim and I were a little late as the beach holiday traffic hung us up. Garry went to get Mom and Karen arrived with her very pregnant 3 pound doglet. (My Smokey kitten is 6 lbs to give you an idea of how small this dog is) She is having a litter of unplanned puppies and her little mother is quite uncomfortable at this point, 4 for sure and maybe 6! She looks like a balloon with sewn on legs!

Kate made ham, yummy scalloped potatoes, cooked fresh green beans and carrots, deviled eggs and I added in the Mom broccoli salad. She borrowed my bundt cake pan and made yummy warm gooey buns! Kate had Easter baskets for the adults too. I will admit something in me is thrilled with an Easter basket. Although I had asked Tim if he wanted a basket and he said NO. So I felt off the hook. I must say I was so happy to have one to share with him. He ate all the reses peanut butter eggs and cups, but I still love him!

A lovey meal for sure. We all had a wonderful visit and were home in plenty of time to relax to get ready for the week.

2 comments:

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland