Sunday, January 31, 2010

Relaxing Sunday

So this morning I awoke to the smell of cooking sage sausage in the kitchen! YEA! Tim is wonderful. Found my way upstairs to "how would you like your eggs honey?". "Any way you cook them is fine with me darling!...or over easy if you are in the mood!". Had breakfast watching my Sunday morning and having a fresh cup 0 Joe with Drew. Got inspired to cook Georgia Jackson Casserole to take the the Gray's. Nancy has a fractured left ankle and is the number one cook there, so thought I'd be a good friend and take them my favorite casserole. Made one for them, a mini cutie patuttie one for Mom and one for dinner tonight for us (me and the 2 boys).

Called Mom to see if she wanted to ride over to Bethesda to deliver the dinner to the Gray's. She is always game for a ride and time to spend with a daughter. We saw 2 hills worth of kids out sledding. Fun big hills with tons 0 kids flying off their sleds. This was a perfect "dusting" of 8 inches and the hills were the best for a sled ride. Drove past NIH, which neither of us recognise anymore. It just grows and grows.

We had a lovely visit with Nancy and Billy Gray. My Dr. Gray. I miss him so at work, but he is happy and it is time for him to retire....and take care of his hop along wife!

Some where during the day dinner with the high school chums and their husbands was canceled due to dicey snow conditions after dark. The roads were fine today, but tonight all the wet places will be ice. I think we chose wisely to reschedule. And now we have yummy guacamole the Tim whipped up!

Came home and put our casserole in the oven. A good batch, it never turns out the same for me. Tim had a few suggestions for improvement. But the consensus from the Grays and Mom was YUMO! So I think I'll leave Georgia Jackson's casserole recipe alone.

Watched 60 minutes, Extreme Home improvement, and Desperate House wives and time for bed and work. Need to be in at 0630 as I am H and P girl. So off to bed I go.

Night, sweet dreams one and all, and time for a new week!

2 comments:

  1. Uuuugggghhhh! new week. Plegh. You seem ok with it though. That's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got 8 inches yesterday. FINALLY!!! Sounds like you had a good sunday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland