Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time is flying

Hard to believe it's been since July 16 that I posted. Life is busy. Tim is in school and taking 3 math classes and a Humanaties class. I am the number one tutor for the math classes and editor for all the papers. Three are at Strayer and one is on line. This keeps him quite busy. He is also in charge of the houses, groceries and errands. He is doing quite well and just through midterms and I think has 4 A's again. YEA!
Last Friday the 30th we had a lovely visit with Mary McInerney and the Keanes. They are on the east coast for their annual Keane week at the Jersey shore. Mary and Kevin's children are all doing well. Colette will be a Sophmore at Fordham in NYC, Brendan is a senior at his catholic school and playing basketball. He is 6'10", I missed seeing him as he took a red eye east after his baskedball games. Will is taller than Colette now and will be in 9th grade. And Jack has wonderful curls back in his blonde locks and will be in 7th grade. Will and Jack are doing their usual summer meals while out of school. I so enjoy visitng with all of them, and do wish they lived closer.
I am working myself silly. I'd say I average about 50-60 hours a week and am taking call on the weekends to help make ends meet. I am off this week and totally enjoying a week of nothing. Pat was down in the beginning of the week while Tim was in MD in school, they switched places and now I get to enjoy the end of the week with Tim. I brought a few projects to work on, none of which are getting done. I am reading the Shack, an interesting take on The trinity. We'll see how it ends.
Kate is at the lake for 3 weeks, so no news of Sibley this week from her. I am sure she is in total bliss.
Holly is busy with Will and teaching him songs. His little 2 year old voice is so sweet on the phone.
Mom is lonely and bored at home with Kate and I gone this week. BUT she will be going to see the west coast family in Portland and Washington state soon. Kate is joining her on that trip. I'll stay here and hold the fort down.
I cannot belive how hot it has been here. The beginning of the week we had the windows open and today there is a red hot heat advisory!
My sunflowers are doing well here. The fountain attracts hundreds of birds as water is at a premium with no rain and intense heat.
Life is good. We are doing well.

3 comments:

  1. Can I call you for help when I have to take my math class?
    Had no idea Gram was going to WA with Kate..how wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might have dropped off the face of the earth! Glad to see you back!

    You work a lot. That stinks. Nice to pay bills though, huh?

    Hi to Tim for us, and take pics of your sunflowers for us! Cam's are tall but haven't bloomed yet! What's up with that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're busy! Glad you get to enjoy some time off. While you have the heat we have clouds every morning. I'm sure the heat is great on the plants. My garden is doing nothing. Tell Tim congrats on the good grades.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland