Saturday, January 16, 2010

Football, colds and a bad book

I've read a book I found in the office at work, then discovered it belongs to the PA at work who reads like Bethany. I don't know how she does it, she has 3 girls under 6. I'll be so glad to give it back to her....

Do not waist your time on The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison. An Oprah book, so I was hoping it would be good. Depressing story of little black girls in the south in the 1930's not going to school, getting raped by their fathers and having NO money. Want to forget that one. Now on to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society book by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Everyone says that is a good one.

Tim is repairing my cedar chest, the top had gotten all funky from too many milk glasses, housekeepers that kept putting Windex on the finish and Nicholas (the dog) had chewed on a corner as a puppy over 14 years ago, so it needed some finish work. Tim has a pot roast in the oven to enjoy between the 1pm and the 4pm football playoff games today! oh joy for pot roast....and football.

Still coughing like I'm trying to rid my body of my lungs. Motrin 800 is my best friend. It is hard to be so quiet. Guess I'll have to start making lists to talk to Tim about! :)

Time for a kickoff! Saints and Cardinals.....hope the Saints win. They have had a hard time with Katrina and all. Me knowing and talking football. Scarry!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend, even if the book and the ribs aren't treating you well. At least you're not working, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland