Thursday, January 7, 2010

Life, Blogging and comments

So, I have become one of those people who do not blog, but read others blogs and get sad when there is not a new blog daily from everyone. So, I better get my act together and blog more often. Here is the latest in my life.

Life is fine here in Silver Spring. No prying little fingers in the kitchen to distract me from my blog! Last night I made a batch of chicken soup for my husband who has a cold. He says it is healing him.

Tonight is the retirement party for my Dr. Gray. I've worked with him for 20 years, and will miss him tons. I am jealous for him and his retirement. Only 20 more years for me! Oh joy! I am truly blessed to have been able to work with such a man of great stature.

My "lights only" tree is still up, with one ornament only-all 4 of us have a little bird ornament this year. Actually pretty funny about the 4 of us. Between us we have all options covered. Mom: tree, ornaments, no lights, Holly lights, ornaments, no tree, Me: tree, lights (one ornament after Christmas!) and the best one this year, Kate: Tree, ornaments and lights! Silly I know, but fun!

We have not seen temps above 32 in 3 weeks. It is wicked cold here, and with the wind, the wind chill gets us to single digits. Tonight we are expecting more snow 1-3 inches. Oh joy. I am on call this weekend and really do not want to deal with snow on call.

Tim is in class again. Only 14 more classes for him to get he BS in IT. Five more and he will have an AA. Yea!

Mom and I will be back in class on Tuesday for our stained glass lamp shade....watch out Tiffany lamps!

Not much else.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at the party! 15 years will fly by.
    Good for Tim! Tell him we're excited for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog - it is fun to watch when you actually leave a new posting. Thanks for the Christmas gift. We did receive it. Catch you on FB.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland