Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Panel 4 cut and "only the foil" to go

This has been an amazing process. Mom was very overwhelmed at first. The thought of 664 little tiny pieces and 4 panels to cut really had both of us frozen for a time. After the second class we realized we needed to jump in the pool and go for it, others arrived at that class with a panel done and we had not made one cut in glass! We got one panel cut and from there Mom has been the deadline Queen. She gets all the flowers cut and puts just a little pressure on me to come and do the "easy" squares that I volunteered to cut when we were picking out a shade. Little did we know what we were in for or I think Mom would have said no thanks, and never looked back. Now she is already talking about "the next one we do"! The "we" may have to be Kate, not me, but I somehow see more "easy top part squares" in my future!

Below you can see what we were up to tonight on the final panel. The lamp really is looking quite impressive. I love the foil in copper, but it will look so much better once we get going with the soldering.


This is only 3/4 of the panels, although is looks complete, it is not. I agree with Bethany that it actually looks better in person.




Here is proof that I too have been cutting glass.




Mom making sure all her flowers are just right.



This is what I arrive to for each panel waiting for the blue sky and borders to be cut.



Panel 4 with almost all the glass grinded, it is cut, just needs to be grinded and fit on the dome shade.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I'm so glad you posted pictures of you two working on it. Think of the memories you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks gorgeous now. It must look incredible in person.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland