Monday, May 24, 2010

So I better post

Having just cruised all my blogs I usually read and seeing no new posts I was disappointed. So, thought I, I better update mine as it is almost a week since I myself have posted.

So my week in a not too exciting nutshell:

Monday: 24 hours of call, 16 hours of work, tired Heidi
Tuesday: 24 hours of call, only 12 hours of work, Heidi getting numb! Tim had class and had dinner on the stove for me when I came home, he is the best.
Wednesday: 8 hours of work, Home and to bed by 7pm! Tim in class till 9:30 pm.
Thursday: 8 hours of work, managed to have the energy to stop by Mom's on the way home.

Learned that I have a quick tongue and need to not be so honest all the time. Hold my thoughts and be careful about what I say. I had always thought honesty was the best answer, sometimes being quiet is the best and then that can bite you in the buns too. Sometimes I am dammed if I do, and dammed if I don't. Life is complicated. I really do the best I can and never mean to hurt anyone.

At Mom's did the final inspection on the glass of the lamp and we are ready to "spot solder" the glass to we can really solder and start the final steps! The spot soldering keeps the pieces from shifting and falling off while the lamp is tilted to be flat. We are so close to ready. Tim needs to drill a hole in the dome so we can mount it on the nifty Tim lamp leveler that he built for us to use when we solder. The lamp needs to be level so the solder won't run....you'll see in photos, once it gets to that point. Had a lovely dinner with Mom and scooted home to bed. Tim went down to the beach after school tonight as he wants to do a spring cleaning in the Dove Knoll house. I love a man that loves to clean! He is the best. He is busy with school too.
Friday: worked 7 hours, zipped home to finish some wash, and rode to Rehoboth Beach with Kate for the weekend. This is car week in Ocean City (oh joy), and Karen, Garry, Drew and assorted crew are in OC. Kate came to attend the birthday dinner on Saturday night. She stayed in Rehoboth in the calm of Dove Knoll.
Saturday: Tim made us a wonderful breakfast. Kate and I did some major damage shopping, she shopped, I looked. Had a nice day. Kate went to Embers in OC, I took a nap!
Sunday: Quiche for breakfast by Tim today! More shopping in Lowes, they have the best garden center in Lewes. Kate left early to be home in time for the season Closure of Lost. Tim and I puttered, I planted a new catmint (very pretty perennial with purple flowers and smells like mint, but does not take over), some morning glories and sunflowers seeds under the new trellis. We left for home by 3pm so I could watch my 60 minutes and see Lost too.
And that brings me around to today, Monday. A crazy day at work, we all arrived to 10 add ons, soon to be 12. Wonderful staff, we all got most of them done by 3pm.

Once again home to dinner by Tim. Yummo, sausage and sour kraut!

Hope everyone else has had a productive week. Know you are loved. I sure do.

3 comments:

  1. It exhausts me to read about your life! :)

    Tim is fantastic - you a re a lucky lady. Of course, he is a lucky man to have you, too.

    Must e-mail Kate and find out what her thoughts on Lost were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, enjoyed reading your blog. I too am disappointed when others write so seldom. Am wondering what M. Dave's big news is.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you both! Holding your tongue is over rated. Just being yourself is what is important and knowing where you always stand with somebody is the best way to be.
    Yeah for RB.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland