Monday, May 3, 2010

Less then 48 hours in NYC

I have looked forward to Andy and Bethany's visit for over 6 months. Bethany had asked for suggestions on her blog as to what to do for their 10th wedding anniversary. Many suggestions were made, including mine to come to DC and see our part of the world and all the east coast family in their homes. I was blown away that it had been 10 years. That is the last time all 4 of my siblings and I were together. April 15, 2000. They were babies and we all wished them well. Had a fun rehearsal dinner in a Chinese restaurant you had to take your shoes off and climb on the floor to the tables.......authentic is what you'd call it I guess. She was a beautiful bride in her white sneaker's and Andy the cherub groom. She 19, he 20, oh youth!

(Andy is my brothers 4 child, 3rd son of a total of 6)

So as I had casually suggested they come to DC and see all our sights, I knew that Bethany thought east was Mt. Rushmore (in the west). She, having never been near, must less across the Mississippi river. I never in a million years thought we would be so lucky to have them actually come! They talked it over, decided yes and we were a go! Wahoo! Bethany and I e-mailed back and forth for months, picked times, when they could come, how she would line up care for her 4 sons. (Her Mom and Dad are gems to take on 4 under 9 for 6 days!) Then Bethany casually throws in they want to go to NYC too and see a show and have Lombardi's Pizza. Andy had seen a blurb on the food network about the best pizza in NYC (turns out I had seen the same one, cause I recognized the numbers in the bricks once we finally got there). OK! I've been around the world and somehow NYC has always intimidated me. Time to get over my fears and bite the bullet and do this! We picked a weekend, I bought the tickets, Bethany found the hotel and we were a go: 2 days DC, 2 days NYC. Hold on to your hats!

Fun is an understatement. I hope my old brain holds on to these memories for a long time. From the moment they arrived (half an hour early) to the moment they left everything worked out perfectly.

Below are just a few of my faves from NYC, more on the trip to follow.


Holland Tunnel, a long one.



Andy and Bethany in their first EVER cab ride! NYC



Andy and Bethany in time square hours before the SUV arrived! 5-1-10 (Anyone know how to turn this? It is right in my photos......)


We stumbeled upon Bubba Gumps for lunch in Times Square. Fantastic meal and fun stuff in the shop. The shirt says: "My Momma says I'm special"!


Proof we made it to Phantom of the Opera, amazing. Bethany looked smashing in her dress.


It truely is the best pizza ever, nothing will ever come close!

That is all for tonight, I am beat. Night.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me borrow your pearls!! I had so much fun, I can't even find the words! Seeing these pictures makes me excited to get that disc from you! It also makes me want to do it all over again!

    Loves to you all!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland