Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finished!

We did it!

I think this is the final little thing we had to do to our lamp. We "re-patina ed" the color of the solder to a more brown to match the base better and put little blue beads on the pulls. We had to drill the holes bigger in 3 perfect little blue beads with a little diamond bit on a dremmel tool. That in and of itself was a project! We've had the beads since before Thanksgiving! But now it is done and Mom can check that "little project" of her list! I think she is now on to a side panel for Kate's front door. I'll try to document it with photos too.




Mom truly was the inspiration and motivator for this project. I did the little blue top pieces and the blue borders. She did the very intricate flowers. We have 662 pieces total in the lamp. Not sure if you can see our little blue beads on the pulls, but it truly makes the final little detail to our year long project.




I am so proud of our efforts. Mom is an amazing inspiration. She enjoys her lamp every night at 5:15 it pops on and gives her a little thrill. Spring is pushing hard here. Soon it will be time to adjust her timer for her lamp to come on later! Love the longer days. Come on spring!

2 comments:

  1. That, my friend, is a gorgeous lamp! You two should be proud! But better than the lamp, I'm sure is the time you got to spend together. I bet she thinks of you every time it pops on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Bethany! What a neat thing to do together and I love that it comes on each night for a happy moment in Grams life! Oh, by the way that is a BEAUTIFUL lamp!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland