Monday, January 3, 2011

my number one commenter is internet-less...oh NO!

Who will step up to the plate and comment? After all, what is a blog without a comment or two! Who knows who is even out there reading my mindless blithering!

So today was my first day back at work in 11 glorious, don't set an alarm, go to bed when you want, get up when you want days! And it was not so bad. Tim got up BEFORE me and had 2 blood red oranges sliced for my breakfast. Yummo, thank you Tim and thank you Florida.

Work was fine, really fine. No major problems to solve, just the usual gone a week ones. We have a new student for 8 weeks, I think she will fit in just fine.

Tonight I came home to dinner on the table, brats with mustard and a bit o left over bean soup from the weekend. And for dessert the last of Glenn Birdsongs "Putin"? Not sure of the spelling there, but I had the fruit one and it was excellent!

Since our huge TV in the addition died on our trip. (Tim actually accused me of having it done in cause I want a flat screen TV so bad! Had I thought of it I might have, but I did not. It just has died after 20 years! Imagine that. 36 inches of HUGEness needs to be catapulted to the dump, and it will take 4 grown men to wrestle that thing in the back of the Ram. And Tim and I will be able to carry the new flat screen in together.....after he gets a job......and Karen is giving us a TV for the addition until we get Tim employed........but I digress) I started knitting a scarf on our drive south so I knit a bit on a scarf I started on the road trip o Rama. See below, if anyone is in love with it let me know and it just might be yours! See that will get you to comment! Ha, I figured it out, offer stuff and then I have to get comments! It is actually prettier in person, and very soft. I am only about half way done, so it won't be instant gratification for comments.




Then last night I spent way too much time playing with a toy magnate from David M. in Washington state. I you tubed these things and was quite inspired! Of course I had to stop the 4 minute video to work with the magnates that the person so effortlessly did. It only took me about 30 minutes! But here is my current design, it will take a while for me to be willing to destroy this one.




The you tube is below! I am getting to modern and technical!


Happy Monday everyone. Get those fingers typing and send me your comments! A scarf just may be in your future!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, Ooh, pick me, pick me! Actually the color wouldn't go well with my complexion! Marcy would like it, though! We do not have internet at home either (read my blog). Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you do a newer blog than December? No mention of the internet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice magnet contraption. I love fiddling with those things. I just bought some yarn with a gift card and thought I would try my hand at knitting socks. Probably won't get around to it for awhile but when I do it should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scarf. Blue & green are my favorites together right now...course you'd know that if I made my family photos "see"able. What fun with the magnets. Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland