Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Today is the day!

Now I can see why it has been over a month since we have heard from the Groves! I don't have 4 children and I cannot get to this every day! Imagine the chaos of those who do have 4+ children who manage to entertain us daily. I am beginning to appreciate Bethany more and more.
So I have my 2 books for vacation reading, though when I think I am going to read I don't know cause I'll be with family and don't want to miss out on any juicy gossip, family or otherwise!
I am finally reading the Twilight book (I've seen the movie, actually I bought it, I did not see it in the theater) But wanted to see what the big deal is. I liked the movie, and the books are usually better so thought I'd start, then I won't have to wait till the next movie comes out to see what happens next. Although all I have to do is sign into Holly's blog and there it is first thing how many more days.......till the next movie.
And Holly has a Christmas count down. It's less than 3 months for those of you without children or access to Holly's countdown blog pages.
The other book is the Shack, given to me by Vickie Snider whos brother was killed by the sniper here in DC. Also Tim's best friend. My Mom and Kate have read it, I started it with Tim, but he has lost interest. So, I'll finish it.
I could not get one of Bethany's book club books, so I'll have to read double time upon my return to the east coast.
So I am off to Portland today with Mom, Kate and Karen. There better not be anything wrong with this plane, or we will have many sad families.

It always seems OK to be gone from my husband for 10 days when I am planning a vacation that he is not going on, but the reality of it is not so fun. He makes me laugh and I love him so. I will miss him.

I am not done packing, and I have to squeeze my clothes into my carry on as my whole big suitcase is filled with goodies for the girls (great neices) out there........

Can't wait to see my skinny sister Holly.......and all the Mike Kestner family still in the Vancouver area. WAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO Vacation!

4 comments:

  1. Chaos about sums it up. I can't help myself though. :)
    Think what a welcome sight you will be to Tim whan you get home! Absence makes the heart grow fonder...among other things. ;) In the mean time, enjoy your trip, have lots of fun, and don't think about your plane having issues - You'll surely jinx yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you here!!!! Glad you sacrifice time from your hubby to come out and visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, Check out the Sookie Stackhouse books, starting with "Dead until Dark" it's a great series that's very steamy and very vampire. It's the only thing that's entertained me since "Twilight". Also Anne Rice is not steamy, but her vamp books are dramatic thrillers. I recommend starting with "Interview with the Vampire".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not even pick up a book. Am working frantically on another baby blanket. Have not done one since the one for your 3. Knit this time and it takes a bit more thinking. Plus the visiting was too much fun.
    Will look into those books, tanks.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland