Saturday, November 7, 2009

bathroom unclutter

Bethany had posted a blog spot to inspire you to clean your house for the holidays.
I am starting small (I thought) with just cleaning under the bathroom sink in the hall bath that Tim and I both use. Which prompted a quick response from Tim that we could also fix the little plugum thing that has been broken for years....add one hour......Tim trying and getting frustrated with my "help", so he told me to try and I fixed it! Viola! I am so proud of myself! I fit in there under the sink with half my body under there and my arms in the air to tighten a mini screw to make the plug go up and down! Shew.
Then on to the toilet paper holder which keeps spewing the holder at me instead of holding the paper. One mini screw driver later and the whole thing is in much better shape. Also tightened the flusher handier while I was in the bathroom with a screw driver.....now I think the toilet has a slow leak, since I've just spent an hour on the floor going through the drawers under the sink.
Which is what this "little get ready for the holiday project started as".


How many lotions does one person need? I am going to donate those 30 mini lotions to a homeless shelter. Smelling good in a time of crisis must be a good thing.
And I am giving all my bubble bath stuff to Pat, who takes a bath far more often than I do. I don't think I can tell you the last time I had a bath, shower yesterday!

So, we also have a new fridge. Frozen tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce are not a pretty thing! Now we have replaced the stove, dishwasher and fridge since Tim has arrived........which is getting to be quite a while at this point! Time for new counters and a sink, but that always gets the back burner as it is quite expensive.

Tim only wants current photos on the fridge, so time to take Bethany and Andy's wedding announcement photo down, Karen and Suzie at Todd and Andreas wedding.....and too many others.....perhaps I'll start a bulletin board in my office.........when I get that organized! That would not be today!

I was so tired of being a pretzel on the floor, I just had to quit mid sort and get out and blog! Actually I had to urinate and could not get to the toilet with all my sorting on it....so out to the other bathroom........shew peaked under it's sink and there is only TP from our last Costco shop.

Now the medicine cabinets in both bathrooms just might get a cleaning today too! I love to be organized! Thanks Bethany!

3 comments:

  1. Aaahhhh...you have inspired me to get back to work! Which means not being here.

    Props to you on your handy-man skills.

    And I find that it helps if you crank up the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to desperatly clean under my bathroom sinks. Ugh. What a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...look at you go! I have put off the detailed organization that I usually do in the fall and spring because I was going to do it when we moved...well now I cleaned out my top vanity drawer about 2 weeks ago...its contents are still on my vanity area floor (got too sick to do it and then had to play catchup on real messes now that I feel well... Fun! Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland