Sunday, November 1, 2009

Not one Trick-or-treater!

Cest la vie. We live in far apart houses and mostly full of retired old folks. I guess I should have known we would not get any when our neighbors with 3 children across the street piled in their car and zoomed out of the neighborhood at 1830!

I am almost sick of Reeses! (NOT!)

Had a wonderful day watching football with my husband. OUR only prenup was that I learn to know and love football. (I should have added we would always have a cat, but at the time I thought Kelly and Allis would live forever) He has created a monster!

My Dad must not have been into football, and if he was I do not recall in my tender years of growing up with him. He was gone when I was 10, and the 18 months or so before he died he was so busy trying to live, I don't think he watched much TV, except Mash and Star Trek! I do remember him watching those! But as usual, I digress.

Today I gloated over Dallas beating Seattle. Two of my favorite team outfits (but I am not allowed to comment on such girlie thoughts anymore! Although I used to be far more interested in their backsides. But having my own manly backside to look at all the time, the uniforms seem to be of more interest.) But did love Romo doing his quarterback thing and sad to say I was glad Seattle lost, only because my home team known as the dead skins are so pathetic this year, and I know most of my west coast relatives are die hard Seattle fans. (Love the accent color on the uniforms)

This year I bought Tim 4 tickets to four home Redskins game for his birthday. I had no idea what generous gift this was until the bill came! (we actually split the 8 home games with a surgeon at work)....but, again, I digress. He has gone to 2 of the home games. One being the day I came home from Portland/Seattle and the other last Monday when I was still under the weather with my cold/H1N1 episode. The Redskins lost both. Making Tim happy as he is a Dallas fan from when he was a boy and followed the Navy guy......whose name escapes me at this minute.......I'd be getting demerits in the Prenup venue here. But Tim does not read this So I am safe! STAUBACK!!!!!!!!!!! She is redeemed!

Then I watched my Bret Favre beat Green Bay. Just desserts for Green Bay....not taking him back and having to watch him play for their rival. Oh what a day of football. And then my 2 favorite shows. Extreme home makeover and Desperate Housewife's. I am getting pretty far on my knitting......that baby is due Nov. 19. I don't think I'll make the C-section date, but will be very close! If I were as good as Bethany I could snap a photo and zip it would be in here!
Cest la vie!

Anyone volunteer? I think I should take something up. I want to do an animal shelter, but fear I will then be begging to bring every animal home they are putting down the next day.........and Tim will give me a resounding NO.

So, perhaps habitat for humanity. Help the homeless in the area.

Time to brush my teeth and get rid of the last mini Reeses I just inhaled!

5 comments:

  1. Cracks me up that you can go on and on about football, but none of it has anything to do with the actual game! You made me laugh out loud when you finally remembered the name of the guy...Stauback! You're hilarious.

    I used to volunteer as a candy striper, (I seriously hope I spelled that right), when I was 14 and had horrifying experiences, so I haven't done serious volunteering since then. Shudder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew says you should join the relief society...they do lots of volunteering. ;) Is it wrong that I'm laughing now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy is very funny. To join the Relief society I'd have to be home during the day and have at least 4 children to shuffle around. I am niether of those. I had my children in a former life, this one I don't have to "do" children. I know I knew Benjamin and Cameron before.
    Still wondering about volunteering....but now have read that get ready for the holiday blog and could stay busy in my own home for months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole sitting and watching football at home has always bored me to no end. I do love watching football live, however even these seem to be about an hour too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But at least at home you can jump up when there is a time out or half time (my favorite part at a real football game...love those marching bands.....go Alex) At home you can get stuff done, like feed the croud on a big superbowl game! see the comercials and serve up a feast!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland