Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Funerals

Odd topic I know. But have been to 2 recently and do not want mine like those. Don't have to worry really they were Catholic. And one thing I am not is Catholic. Too many idol worshiping things going on there. And how can you reproduce when the leaders of the church don't do it? How can you make more little Catholic? But I digress.
The 2 funerals were very similar. Very ritualistic. Stand up sit down, recite things back. Stop in the middle of the lords prayer with a mini prayer in it. Smelled good to me, the incense was relaxing. And the songs were OK. I really like their on Eagles wings. Each had a priest speak, related their lives to the bible. Really most folks don't live like that any more. One a son spoke, with great difficulty and the other a family friend spoke. Each represented only small parts of the persons life. We all have so many facets to our lives, I'd think each would need to be represented.
I'd like my funeral to be more like a Quaker one. Almost like a fast and testimony meeting like the Mormons do, only about me! Everyone can say their peace and feel better that I've been around.
Hopefully this will not happen for a long time and I'll go to more funerals that are more personal.........or not so ritualistic.
I think I am burring the rice and fish.......must zoom

4 comments:

  1. I've been to an awful lot of funerals and I must say some are certainly more enjoyable then others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like mine to be the enjoyable kind! Not sure how to do that, but I'll be gone, so I guess I really don't need to worry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your name could be associated with a function that wasn't fun and interesting. You're an amazing and strong woman Heidi. I'm getting stronger every day, but it doesn't come naturally to me like it seems to for you. People love you, y'know. There won't be a dry eye in the place. Have you left instructions? You should. Young people die all the time thinking they have years left to live. Plan it, even if it creeps you out. That way we know how to honor you best! I love you Sister!

    HollyJane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, just reread my last comment. Kindda dark. Just know the best place to say nice things to people aren't at their funerals! We Kestner's relive our greatest/funniest moments whenever we get together! It's a great habit. I love you, and I hope someday will bring you to Utah once again, it's quite nice here!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland