Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day 2009

Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served our wonderful country.
My Dad, my husband and my brother and his wife have all served in the military. My brother-in-law and his two grandsons are Navy men as well. I really knew very little about any branches of the military until I married Tim. He and his family are all military. His Dad, Brother, Sister, brother-in-law, nephews are all in the military. His Grandmother is buried at Arlington Cemetery. She was a military nurse and his Grandfather Larcombe served as well. My dad is buried in Gettysburg and my brother rests in the most beautiful spot in the pacific north west.

My hat goes off to all listed above. If I were ultra uber organized I'd scan and post all the photos I have of the above listed family members in their uniform, but I am not. And I am at work, so cannot look for the photos. But the intention is there. Don't be surprised if I do that next year! When I will have my whole house organized cause I am doing each task as a little project!

Today I get to celebrate an early birthday with Mom and Kate, we are going to a Polish Pottery place and I get to pick a serving dish I need and then we are going to dinner at Clyde's in Columbia. A fun birthday celebration with the local women. Tomorrow Tim and I are going to dinner...my choice!

Annie Burkholder at work brought me yummy apple scrapple bread from Great Harvest today. And an oatmeal raisin cookie. Two of my favorites. She is my fellow Scorpio November birthday.

Mom has made my birthday cranberry muffins with butter sauce. I can hardly wait to have them tonight!

1 comment:

About Me

very happily married in the suburbs of Maryland